NATIONAL HERITAGE , COMMEMORATION AND INFORMATION CENTER OF THE IDF ENGINEERING CORPS VTERANS ASSOCIATION
The Engineer Corps Veterans Association’s National Heritage center will include a computerized site which will gather and maintain all the information and documents relating to the Engineer Corps of the I.D.F from its inception to date. It will include the names and commemoration information of all the over 600 soldiers who fell in Israel's wars and terror attacks. It will also include the critical role of the corps in the different wars and operations from 1948 to date.
In order to do so, the Engineering Corps Association will need to allocate a space to archive all the material and sort it. The material will have to be digitized and stored in the most modern methods available today.
FACILITIES AND RESOURCES
- Office equipment (desks, shelves, chairs filing cabinets etc)
- Media – Phone and Internet connection
- 2 PC computers compatible with the software centers which will operate the system.
- Photocopy/printer/fax/scanner of high quality.
- Library software, text and decoding software English and Hebrew, Documents "digitizing" software for digitized reservoir.
- Manpower for all the above activities
- Office equipment - $ 2,000
- Media - $900 a year
- Computers - $2,000
- High quality Color Laser Photocopy/fax/scanner/printer - $1800
- Library software etc. - $2,000 + $ 500 for annual maintenance
- Annual manpower on a part time basis of one – two days a week at $20 per hour, 5 hours per day- $9,000 (Including $1,000 for travel expenses).
In order to secure the operation of the Heritage center for future generations and develop it for the first three years the Association will need $50,000.
At the end of the three years, the Engineering Corps Association will take it upon itself to continue the development and maintenance of the Heritage Center.
Suffice it to say that donors to the project will be acknowledge by plaques and mention in all the Association's media publications.
Should one donor contribute the full amount, the National Heritage Center will carry his/her name or any other alternative complying with the donor's choice.